Windows Millenium (ME) Setup Instructions
1. Set Up a Dial-Up Networking Connection.
1. Click on "Start"
2. Click on "Settings"
3. Click on "Dial-Up Networking"
|If this is your first time to Dial-Up Networking, a "wizard" will start, and ask a few simple questions. Use these instructions as a guide to answer those questions. If it doesn't work, start these instructions again.|
4. You should see only 1 icon: "Make New Connection" (If you have any unwanted
or non-working icons, just RIGHT-Click on each, click "Delete," and click "Yes")
5. Double-click on "Make New Connection."
6. Type a name for the computer you are dialing -- "Show-Me Net"
7. Enter the area code "573" and phone number. DO NOT CALL LONG DISTANCE!
8. Click "Finish."
2. Fine Tune the Connection.
1. RIGHT-Click on Show-Me Net's icon in Dial-Up
2. Left Click on "Properties"
The ONLY changes or additions necessary are:
-- REMOVE the check mark in the box next to: "Use area code and dialing properties."
-- Verify that the "Connect using:" box lists your modem. If in doubt, assume it is correct.
-- NEVER click on the "Configure:" button and change anything!
3. Enter Your User Name & Password
1. DOUBLE-click the Show-Me Net icon in Dial-Up
2. Enter your User ID in the "User name" field. USE ALL LOWER CASE LETTERS!
3. Enter your password in the "Password" field. CAPITALIZATION IS IMPORTANT!
Show-Me Net should work if you do not change any other settings. If your connection does not work, delete the Show-Me Net icon and set it up again. Just click on "Make New Connection" and answer the questions. If it still doesn't work, ask a computer knowledgeable friend for help, or call Show-Me Net's Help Desk, 204-1097.
This page was last modified August 15, 2006