Right: Oldest available picture of New Salem.
History of New Salem
Founded in 1873, New Salem United Methodist Church has served the Daisy
area for over 130 years. The present sanctuary built in 1873 has
been renovated several times. Along with renovations to the
building a basement was made with classroons, kitchen, and bathrooms in
In 1965, the church then added to the back of
the church furthrer classrooms. In 1998 an additon of the
fellowship hall, large kitchen and bathrooms were added. Down
through the years many changes have been made. The members of New
Salem are always looking ahead, trying new ideas and improvements.
New Salem has and will continue to make Disciples for Jesus
Christ for generations to come. Please come and worship with us.
Most Current Picture.Back